Bridge to STEM Helps Kids Build a Sustainable Future for South Florida
Alligators, chickens, falcons, sharks, hogfish, spiders, great trees, and people all live together in Florida’s forests, rivers, swamps, and coasts. As a society, our impact on the environment hasn’t been perfect. Some of our monoculture agricultural practices are destroying ecosystems. Some people even think that our monocultural agricultural practices are at the root of algae blooms. It is better to practice permaculture, where many plants are work in harmony to produce a variety of crops. We need to keep our ecosystems vibrant and healthy so that they can keep producing biodiverse animals and plants. Many of these animals keep our plants alive. Many of these plants are ingredients for medicines. We need kids to start learning how to solve problems in the environment.
The planet is full of trees that grow rooted beside each other, soils that reach deep into the planet, different layers of many-edged rocks, underground caves, and various metals that can produce clean energy sources like solar power. Not many understand the complexity of these systems, and at Bridge Academy we create a foundation for children to embark on this journey of learning and understanding STEM.
At Bridge to STEM, we will be learning how to use scientific principles to solve the problems around us, and kids will start to develop an intuition about the inner workings of the planet.
In Minecraft kids will,
- Observe how the distance between redstone blocks affects their designs.
- Learn to code particular command blocks to automate their farms.
- Understand basic physics and how different blocks affect each other.
- Channel water to carry their harvests.
Find a class that fits your child's interests, skill level, goals, and schedule in Minecraft
In Roblox kids can,
- Code doorways to make flowers appear when they walk through them.
- Have the chance to create a final project with a forest world, coded animals, and play with it their friends, exploring the limits of creativity.
- Acquire their first programming language, Lua, which will lead them to code sustainability-empowering IoT devices with ease.
Find a class that fits your child's interests, skill level, goals, and schedule in Roblox.
To be great engineers, kids will need to learn the fundamentals of the planet and programming.
To solve Climate problems, we need to think locally: about our swamps, forests, soils, coral reefs, and plains. Bridge to STEM influences the way people impact the environment through its cutting-edge education. Bridge to STEM develops the STEM skills kids will need to eventually design plastic collection robots, soil sensors, and artificial intelligence systems. The future starts at BTS, and if we want the future, we need the environment. Let’s start visualizing and implementing solutions!